I haven’t posted an update on the new house for a few weeks – mostly because I didn’t want to bore you with updates every day. But since I haven’t shared any pictures or updates since the foundation went in, I am well past due. So let’s work backwards, by starting with what it looks like today.
As you can see, a LOT has happened in the last few weeks. Let’s recap how we got here:
Just one week after the foundation was poured, the walls were getting framed up.
And just two days after that picture was taken, the roof was framed and the house was wrapped. Seriously, so impressive!
After that, the roof ultimately got shingled (the first picture above), so I won’t bore you with the DAILY progress pictures I’m taking. But I will show you what the covered porch in the back is looking like.
Seriously going to enjoy hanging out back there!
So as of today the following is complete:
- House fully framed and roofed
- Plumbing, gas lines, alarm system and electrical complete!
- Inspections for duct work and plumbing complete (alarm and electrical were just this week so I’m guessing next week will be a “dead” week waiting for the inspections)
- Fireplace installed
- Drywall and exterior brick delivered
- We’re heading out this afternoon to video and photograph all the interior space so we can see where all the plumbing and wires are
- Ready for inspections for electrical
- Then, ready to insulate and dry wall!
- Brick ready to install on the exterior
Looks like we’re still tracking to be in by around Thanksgiving – hopefully a little sooner. But pretty soon we’ll start to see rooms take shape and cabinets going in. Eek!
I was asked a few questions on my last post about some of the details of the house. So I thought I’d call out some highlights:
- As you can see from the pictures now, it’s a single story home
- Just over 2000 square feet
- 3 bedroom + “play space” (i.e. my office and craft space)
- 2 bathrooms
- Since we didn’t need a formal dining room, we reconfigured that room to be a larger utility room, relocating the small laundry room (soooo excited about this too)
- Gas fireplace (YAY!)
- Large covered porch (have I mentioned how much I’m looking forward to that? LOL)
It might be a couple more weeks before the next update, so that there is something substantial to actually share. But I’ll be sure to post pictures once the brick goes up and when some of the interior work starts to get done. So hard looking at pictures with open/framed walls since you can’t easily see definition of the rooms. But the countdown is on, and it’s finally time for us to start some pre-packing! Because, for as impatient as I can be, it’ll be here before we know it! WOO HOO!