I’ve been working on creating some craft space in my house for the past few weeks. I had been longing for my very own craft room and realized I was able to carve out some pretty good space in my home office. There were a few key factors for determining what I needed:
- The three key crafts/hobbies I wanted to focus on are crocheting, sewing, and paper crafts. (Oh, and getting back into jewelry making or at least working with beads and wire. That’s 4 then.)
- I wanted a dedicated craft work table.
- I wanted a dedicated space for my new sewing machine so I didn’t have to pack it away and drag it out every time I wanted to work.
- I wanted to reclaim my dining room table (see #2 and #3 above).
- I needed to keep dedicated work space for my day job (I thankfully work from home).
- We currently rent so I needed short-term, non-invasive storage solutions.
- As much as I have loved the peg boards in some of the craft rooms on Pinterest, my husband thought peg board was too industrial and encouraged me to find something else.
Not too much to ask, right?
Let’s start by being real and honest with what my office looked like before I got started. Let’s just say it there wasn’t much space to do any actual crafting. [Read more…]