I can’t believe April is almost over! Time just keep whizzing by and I keep filling it up with good stuff – but don’t always get around to blogging about it. Sorry! I thought I’d do a single post to try and get you caught up and see if I can’t get to a more regular posting schedule.
First up…Yes, I’m terribly behind in my School of Sewing projects. Like a month behind. I have the fabric cut for the Lined Drawstring Bag but just haven’t made the time to sit down and sew it. That’s so lame! Here’s to getting this done by the end of next weekend. In light of my lack of ability to stay on track…I’ve also updated the page so it no longer has dedicated months for each project. Cop out? Maybe. But I think it’s just my reality at this point and I’d rather really enjoy the process rather than feeling like a perpetual failure. So…I’ll do my best to get to these projects regularly, but I have big plans for this year that may just slow me down. And I’m ok with that!
I’ve been making tons of soap and having so much fun! I haven’t been posting pictures of all of them, but thought it was time to post a round up of “finished” soaps I’ve made (not counting all the practice batches just testing out different formulations).
I previously shared my Calendula soap (which was my very first ever soap and part of the Brambleberry Soap Crafting Club – the Spring sessions are about to start if you want to join me!). You can see pictures of the whole loaf here, and the cut bars here.
I’ve made two other soaps as part of the Soap Crafting Club – this Coconut Milk Bar:
And this “Squirty Swirls Soap” where you put the soap batter in condiment bottles and squirt it out in squiggles. VERY messy but I like the way it turned out. Was SO thankful to be working in my new soap studio for this one!
As part of experimenting with new formulations, scents, and techniques, I’ve also busted out a few finished batches on my own.
This one was an “in the pot swirl” technique. Didn’t turn out quite as I hoped – I have a problem with getting the soap batter too thick before pouring so it glopped up a bit. But it still turned out ok.
This one was one of my “learning experiences”. I was trying a swirling technique but it didn’t quite turn out like I hoped. All the white spots are air bubbles – so I’ve been working on my process and technique to minimize these. My last few test batches have been much smoother and far fewer bubbles.
And if you follow me on Facebook, you saw that I made Camo soap as a thank you to my husband for my new soap studio.
I’m officially addicted to soap making!
Another reason I haven’t gotten as much done (including blogging) as I hoped…is we spent last week here in honor of our 15 year wedding anniversary. And yes, it was just as wonderfully relaxing as you might imagine.
So…that’s some of what has been going on here lately. More fun and exciting things coming soon! 😉 I do hope that I rekindle my love affair with reading as well. Still in a reading funk and just need to get back into the habit of carving out time for me and a good book.